Saturday, June 1, 2019

Years later.... no more stroller but lots more places



It's 5am in Lucca, Italy.  I am wide-awake, clearly jet-lagging as we just arrived last night into our favorite Tuscan town.  This is our third time staying in Lucca, (we actually spent a couple years looking for property here, but that's an entirely different blog)... anyway, we're here for a week this time and we have booked a fabulous airbnb right on the Anfiteatro.  Last night it was bustling, but this morning it's silent and beautiful. 


And as I was sitting by the window, enjoying my first cup of (Italian!) coffee, I started to think:

1. I should get my clothes on and go for a run.
2. Who am I kidding?  I'm not going for a run. I am going to eat cookies and drink coffee instead.
3. It's so great that the girls (who woke us up at 4am) are playing happily in their room (fully aware that this will probably last 2 or 3 more minutes- tops.)
4. What are we going to do today?
5. It's kinda great we don't have an agenda because we're all going to want to go to bed at 3pm.
6. Where were we a year ago?

and it was that last question that got me thinking about last year's Italy trip... which was incredible and exhausting and a dream and something I needed to share cause I can't remember how many times I looked up 'Amalfi Coast with kids' to find a blog or a website that would help me figure out the best things to do our girls on the Amalfi Coast.  So now, a year later, I have a serious need to blog that trip.  Maybe it could help someone traveling southern Italy with kids (yes, people do that) or maybe it's for my own kids so they don't forget some of the incredible places we dragged them brought them.  Or maybe it's just for me, cause no one in Italy wakes up before 8am so we have a few hours to kill before we can go out.









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Amalfi Coast....Pontera, Ravello and Positano

After driving down from Naples, we made our way up the winding coastline to our Airbnb in the tiny town of Pontera in the hills above Amalfi...